The module radar_tools allows to access radar mosaics in various formats and process the data in different ways. Data from different sources is obtained transparently and various interpolation and filtering options are provided.
The radar mosaics are accessed via two functions:
get_instantaneous for instantaneous reflectivity or precipitation rates
get_accumulations for precipitation accumulations
These two functions are very similar, get_accumulations itself calling get_instantaeous repeatedly in order to construct accumulations on the fly.
This tutorial demonstrates the different operations that can be performed.
- Tutorial setup
- Get radar mosaics from different sources and file formats
- Get the nearest radar data to a given date and time
- Get precipitation rates (in mm/h) from reflectivity (in dBZ)
- Apply a median filter to reduce speckle (noise)
- Interpolation to a different grid
- On-the-fly computation of precipitation accumulations
- Reading in stage IV accumulations